What brings you to Tallahassee?
I came to FSU in 1970 and never left.
What do you want visitors and locals to know about Tallahassee that they may not already know?
It has a great school system, tons of great art and music,and a fabulous natural environment.
How has Tallahassee evolved over the years?
It has become more cosmopolitan with lots of cultural and back-to-nature activities.
What made you want to run for office?
I’m running for the School Board because I feel compelled to do something to help our public schools. I plan to draw upon my 36 years of experience as both a teacher and principal at SAIL High School to help make all schools places where every student, parent, and staff member feels valued and respected. I want to make a real difference for our children. I believe I bring the experience, leadership, and integrity that are required.
What are your goals if elected?
- I will advocate for policies that value learning more than test scores.
- I will ensure that every dollar spent supports the needs of our students.
- I will place high priority on early childhood education and dropout prevention.
- I will be an engaged school board member and a strong partner in the leadership of the district.
- I will seek out innovative solutions inside and outside of Tallahassee to solve some of our toughest problems.
- I will work to forge partnerships with the community to help us close our achievement and opportunity gaps.
- I will insist on clear policies for ethical conduct in all facets of the school system.
What social media do you use?
Describe Tallahassee in 5 words or less
Great art, music, nature and education opportunities